It’s a common misconception that you should not exercise when you are pregnant and that it will be dangerous for you and your baby. Whilst it will not be appropriate for some women to train throughout their pregnancy, for the vast majority it will be, and exercising whilst pregnant (and afterwards) has many benefits, such as;
- Increased energy and improved mood
- Improved posture and reduced back pain
- Helps to maintain muscle strength and endurance
- Helps to maintains fitness levels
- Can assist in managing gestational weight gain
- Can reduce the risk of gestational diabetes
- Improved sleep
- Provides functional fitness for the role of motherhood
- May reduce the risk of postnatal depression
- Helps to strengthen and tone abdominal muscles
It is important that you are undertaking training under the guidance of a qualified pre and post-natal instructor. That way you can be confident that the training that you are undertaking is safe for you and your baby and will help you maintain your health and fitness levels throughout your pregnancy and in to the post-natal period.
All the training packages that I offer are available for pre and post-natal women.